Creating a New Launcher File
In order to use ADDTimer you have to make launcher in order to tell
ADDTimer how the time period of the timer and the message to display.
An ADD Timer launcher file has an ATF extention. These files are in XML
format so it is possible to edit them with an external editor.
- Start the ADDTimer application without a configuration file by
double click on it or using the Start menu in Windows.
- Fill in the Message text box with the text you want to appear
on the timer.
- Set the duration in seconds or minutes. Select which using the
seconds/minutes radio buttons.
- Put a check in the Auto Start checkbox if you want that timer
to automatically start counting down when it is launched. Uncheck
the box if you want the timer to wait for the Start button to be
pressed before starting the timer.
- Put a check in the Speak the Message box if you want the timer
to speak the message, using the built in text to speech
- Next you will be asked if you want to save a shortcut. Answer
YES if you want a shortcut to be made. The shortcut is not
required, however creating a shortcut or multiple shortcuts allows
you to launch the timer from multiple places.
- Browse to the location you want your shortcut to be made and
- Good Job! Your done. Anytime you want to start your timer with
these settings simply start the timer using that shortcut or by
double clicking on the actual ATF file.